Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Today's topic? Spill your deepest, darkest bookish secrets!
1. I have never participated in Top Ten Tuesday because making "Top" lists totally stresses me out and I could never get to ten. Top Five, maybe. But confession is good for the soul and I've been dying to get these deep, dark secrets off my chest. Here goes...
2. A bad ending can completely ruin a book for me, so sometimes I peek ahead at a book's ending. Spoilers rarely bother me either, though I don't put them in my posts.
3. Very often, when I sit down to write a review, I can't remember the main character's name. I try to tell myself that this is because I review YA and a lot of YA is written in the first person, but it is equally possible that I'm just losing my mind.
4. I can usually tell if I'll like a book or not by the first chapter. Sometimes even the first page.
5. I have a ton of swaggy bookmarks, but I never use them. Instead, I use the most appalling things as bookmarks. Pens. My phone. The remote control. Once, I was standing in line reading at the post office and someone tapped me on the shoulder. I'd been using my driver's license as a bookmark, and it fell out on the floor.
6. I am a nice person but sometimes a tiny bit of snark finds its way into my Top Secret Reviewing Notebook. Once I get something off my chest, I can write a fair and balanced review. Or decide not to finish the book.
Oh, you want some examples? Okay. Maybe just a couple:
"Reading this book is like buying a ticket for a roller coaster and finding yourself on a hayride."
"This couple generates as much heat as a pair of granny panties."
7. I suffer from AASS (that's Acute Author-Induced Stammering Syndrome) I have never met an author and had one coherent thing to say. I met Gretchen McNeil and said something like "Dolls are scary." I met Gabrielle Zevin and I think I told her, "So many bloggers are named Jen." I'm afraid to tweet authors in case I say something completely weird.
See, I'll never make it to ten on a top ten list. But since I've had such a great time reading other bloggers' posts, I thought it was only fair to come clean myself..
BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN AND READ MY NEW RELEASES POST!