Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Ten Random Facts About Me
Eileen at BookCatPin tagged me in a "Getting To Know You" post and I thought, hey why not?
If you don't know Eileen's blog, you can check it out here.
1. I love Eileen's blog, but I am violently allergic to cats. I can walk in a person's house and know in about ten seconds if they have a cat -- my throat starts to close up and my eyes water. I had a course of allergy shots that was supposed to help, and they did ... a little.
2. Cats love me. I try to keep my distance (because of the throat-closing thing) but that makes cats want me more. They're so sweet -- I can't help but pet them, and then I start wheezing.
3. I am extremely afraid of heights. I was watching a TV show where two people went up in a hot air balloon, and I had to change the channel. Why would someone want to do that?
4. I have an aversion to the smell of garlic that started when I was pregnant and never went away. I can eat garlic; I just don't want to smell it cooking.
5. A lot of people tell me I should be a professional organizer. I have all the books in my house organized by topic -- travel, cookbooks, fiction, history. I alphabetize all my spices. When I'm shopping in a store, I'm tidying things up.
6. I can read upside down. Not as fast as I can read right side up, but pretty fast.
7. I can also write upside down. Even in bubble letters. (Useful, I know!)
8. I love tacos. I could eat them every day.
9. I have a terrible sense of direction. I get lost quite frequently.
10. My great regret in life is not learning to play a musical instrument. But hey, it's not too late!
I know not everyone wants to be tagged so tell me a quirky fact about you in comments!