Google+ YA Romantics: Just Finished Reading: Perfect Ten by L. Philips

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Just Finished Reading: Perfect Ten by L. Philips

Please click here and follow me on Instagram!
Perfect Ten
by L. Philips

To be published on June 6, 2017
by Viking

Source: ARC for review
Synopsis from Goodreads: It’s been two years since Sam broke up with the only other eligible gay guy in his high school, so to say he’s been going through a romantic drought is the understatement of the decade. But when Meg, his ex-Catholic-turned-Wiccan best friend, suggests performing a love spell, Sam is just desperate enough to try. He crafts a list of ten traits he wants in a boyfriend and burns it in a cemetery at midnight on Friday the 13th. Enter three seemingly perfect guys, all in pursuit of Sam. There’s Gus, the suave French exchange student; Jamie, the sweet and shy artist; and Travis, the guitar-playing tattooed enigma. Even Sam’s ex-boyfriend Landon might want another chance. But does a Perfect Ten even exist? Find out in this delectable coming-of-age romcom with just a touch of magic. 
My take: I do love me a good rom-com, and while I don't love magical realism in literary fiction, I'm not above enjoying a sprinkling of magic in a love story.

So... Perfect Ten is  cute story about a high school guy trying to find love. Sam is moping after a disastrous breakup (it's so bad that he speaks of himself in the third person, getting me confused). So he convinces his best friend to perform a Wiccan love spell for him, in which he makes a Top Ten list of what he wants in a guy.

Bam! His wish gets granted and then some. It's raining men!!!  Is Sam in lust with a cute French foreign exchange student? That hot musician? The shy artist? Or is he still in love with his ex??

Okay, so I was voting against the French foreign exchange student. I love accents of all kinds, but the book had this poor guy speaking like "zis all ze time. " For me: ze nails on ze chalkboard! I had my fave picked out from the guys and (yay!) my pick won out.

Perfect Ten is all romance drama, so don't go in expecting something deep. It's a fun summer read, though!

4 comments:

  1. I love the cover of this book-- and I LOLed SO hard when you said "ze nails on ze chalkboard".

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this book sounds like a fun read. lol I hadn't heard of it before and I don't think I could forget that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely fall for a cover but I did for this book. I'm expecting light and fluffy so I hope I love it!

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha "ze nails on ze chalkboard"!! That's hilarious. This is a book that I've really been looking forward to reading. I'm okay with it being just a fun summer read, I think. lol! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you'll leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one and try my best to reply. Leave me a link to your blog or website!

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs