Printz Trivia Questions
1. This 2004 Printz Honor book was based on a 1906 murder case that also inspired Theodore Dreiser’s An American Tragedy and A Place in the Sun, a 1951 film starring Elizabeth Taylor and Montgomery Clift.
2. This 2000 Printz Honor book was adapted into a 2004 film starring Kristen Stewart.
3. This author of a 2010 Printz Honor book wrote a play that was a finalist for a Pulitzer Prize and is the brother of one of the original cast members of the Broadway musical Rent.
4. Seven Australian authors have been Printz winners and nominees since the awards began in 2000. How many can you name?
Yeah, you're so smart you don't even get multiple choice!
1. A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
2. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson.
3. Punkzilla by Adam Rapp
4. Margo Lanagan (2009 honor for Tender Morsels, 2006 honor for Black Juice.)
Melina Marchetta (2009 winner for Jellicoe Road.)
Marcus Zusak (2007 honor for The Book Thief, 2006 honor for I Am The Messenger)
Sonya Hartnett (2007 honor for Surrender.)
Judith Holmes Clarke (2008 honor for One Whole and Perfect Day)
Lucy Christopher (2011 honor for Stolen)
Craig Silvey (2012 honor for Jasper Jones)
Give yourself one point for correctly answering questions 1-3, then one point for each Australian Printz winner you named.
1-4 points: Hmmm.... Maybe put a few more Printz books on your TBR?
5-7 points You're pretty smart. Keep up the good work.
8-10 points You are either a) a librarian or b) Australian or c) both. Or d) just awesome. Great job!